Position: Graduate Developer
Location: Leeds City Centre
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Salary: £22,000-£24,000 per annum
Benefits: Subsidised lunches, private healthcare, subsidised gym membership, pension, childcare vouchers, fresh fruit delivered to the office every week
Join a fast-growing tech company with a positive outlook!
Publish Interactive has big aspirations and is looking for a smart, hard-working individual with some academic or commercial development experience to join its high-calibre, friendly development team.
You’ll be working with the latest technologies, such as C#, ASP MVC 5, ASP WebAPI, Entity Framework 6 and Sass to help create the next version of our patented interactive publishing platform, so you will be enthusiastic about technology and a have genuine love of coding.
We have a fantastic office location at No.1 Aire Street, adjacent to Leeds railway station. Publish Interactive is a fast growing, award-winning software company serving the B2B publishing sector with ambitious plans to expand into new markets.
The company has expanded rapidly over the past few years and this is a fantastic opportunity to join our core team.
The successful candidate will:
- Optimise the performance of client-facing software developed by the Company by:
- Working cases in the development workflow according to agile sprint practices
- Responding to bug queries
- Refactoring code
- Participating actively and openly in peer-led code review
- Ensuring code works according to development guidelines and specifications
- Ensuring code is tested before being sent to the QA department
- Resolving bugs and issues discovered during the QA process
- Ensuring bugs are fixed to the point of being irreproducible
- Participate in team workflow planning sessions, including:
- Sprint planning
- Case estimation
- Updating requirements as and when required in the course of working cases
- Work on internal software projects as required
- Document any new or interesting development processes and code implementations
You will need:
- Excellent degree from a top 20 UK university or international equivalent (ideally computer science, but strong science/maths/engineering degrees considered)
- Good communicator and problem solver
- Academic or commercial programming experience in .NET, C++ or Java
- Some knowledge of SQL, CSS/HTML and web applications
Why work for Publish Interactive?
Publish Interactive is a company with a fresh and vibrant outlook; we encourage free thinking, social responsibility and a balanced approach to working life. While the team is extremely hard working we also know how to have fun and regularly participate in team social events, including break outs on the Publish Interactive ping pong table!
Publish Interactive has grown rapidly over the past few years and is still growing. As a Graduate Developer, you will play a key part in keeping us at the leading edge of our industry.